Have you got a low credit score? We can help!
Police Mortgages do everything we can to find people the right mortgage including those with adverse or bad credit. Lenders will decide whether to give you a mortgage based on how much of a risk they think you are, unfortunately having a bad credit score can be a problem. However there are some options that can help with this decision, find a mortgage lender that will accept applications from someone in your situation or improve your overall credit score.
How does your Credit Score relate to borrowing?Your credit score is the history to all your debt repayments across all sources of banking, credit cards and finance agreements. Your credit score is number which is worked out based on this history and is used by lenders to determine how likely you are to repay a debt.
Factors which can lower your credit score are:
- Missed or late payments
- County Court Judgements for not paying bills
- High level of debt
- Lack of credit history
- Applying for a lot of credit
- Being connected to someone with a bad credit rating e.g through a joint mortgage or bank account
- Owning a house or living at the same address for more than a year
- Being on the electoral register
- Paying bills and credit agreements on time
- Have the same job for many years
How Police Mortgages can help:
- We can match you with the most appropriate lender - one that we know will understand your circumstances and why payments have been missed with a valid explanation.
- We have access to an extensive range of lenders that are not available on the high street.
- We carefully select the most suitable lender to give you the best chance of getting a mortgage application accepted.
- We have exclusive deals for the Police family
Contact our team today and let us help you with your mortgage.